Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Just a Little Notebook

   I work in the children's department of our public library and true to the nature of kids, they leave things behind! It may be articles of clothing or toys. It may be precious things like a stuffed animal they can't live without or a binky. We find photos, juice cups, shoes, report cards and oh so much more! I know by now you are wondering where I am going with this! I almost forgot myself. lol! Well the other day we found the cutest little notebook that was left behind from, I am sure, some girly girl. I don't have a photo but I did make one of my own! That's where I am going with this!




The outside and inside of the notebook/purse is covered with designer paper from the Pawsitively Prints package. Certainly Celery grosgrain ribbon loops around to make the handles and are held in place with Pretty in Pink Corduroy Brads. The focal point on the front of the notebook is the butterfly. It was made with the Big Shot, Beautiful Wings Embosslit Die, and Shimmer Paint!
   I also added some dots of Shimmer Paint mixed with Crystal Effects - just for fun! (the middle of the butterfly is a Half Pearl) Aaand if you notice, the pink corduroy button is painted with Shimmer Paint - just cause I wanted to see if I could! This Shimmer Paint is so much fun! I like trying to come up with new ways to use it!

All supplies are Stampin' Up!
  • No stamps were harmed (cause none were used) in the making of this project
  • Certainly Celery and Pretty in Pink cardstock
  • Pawsitively Prints designer paper
  • Certainly Celery grosgrain ribbon
  • Corner Rounder Punch
  • White Shimmer Paint 
  • Crystal Effects
  • Pink Corduroy Button
  • Big Shot
  • Birds and Blooms Sizzlit - the little bloom behind the Corduroy buttons
  • Beautiful Wings Embosslit Die
  • Half Pearl from Pretties Kit
  • Sticky Notes (not Stampin' Up!)
ETA: I have received requests for the dimensions so here they are!
           Cardstock base is 4" x 7.5"
           Score the base at 3.5" and 4" 
The layered cardstock and designer paper is cut 1/8" narrower. i.e. 3 7/8" x 7 3/8". For a wider border cut 1/4" narrower. Hope that makes sense.

And that's the conclusion of my notebook story. Thanks for listening reading!

8 comments:

Mary Campbell said...

Very cute! Thanks for sharing. Mary

Candy Rattray said...

This is a darling project! Fabulous work. The design, the colors, the size--they all work together to make an awesome project. I've seen lots of post-it-note projects, but this is one of the best!

Shari Winterstein said...

This is absolutely adorable. Thanks for blessing my day! I found you this morning on the latest post on Late Night Stampers Find of the Day! Thanks for blessing my day.
ShariW
southerncaliforniastamper.blogspot.com

kreationzbyzabrina said...

Oh so beautiful!! I may have to case this one.

KreatesKards said...

Really nice ...love the colors.

Olivia Campos-Mulligan said...

Very cute design and lovely color choices. The ribbon handle and brads are adorable. Nice work.
Olivia

Janeese Bank said...

This is just tooo cute. Could you please give me the dimensions of the papers you used to create this Notebook Purse. I don't do very well guessing.

Thank You for your help!!

Janeese
StampingCreations@usa.com

CRYSTAL said...

Sooooo cute! LOVE this, and thanks for including dimensions! :) tfs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...