Saturday, March 20, 2010

I heart U

   I may have mentioned this before in a previous post, but one of the many advantages of working in a library is the access I have to, not only book, but other materials such as magazines. Our particular library has many magazines available to read in the library or at home (checked out on your library card of course)! So sometimes during my lunch break I look through a magazine, especially the craft magazines. That is where I got the inspiration for today's card.

   I totally CASed the daisy idea. I saw it in an aforementioned craft magazine and thought it was an adorable idea!
   The sketch is from Splitcoast Stampers - love the sketch! It was perfect for the use of this daisy idea. I think the card is pretty self-explanatory. I have been trying to use up my Sale-a-Bration and Occasions Mini designer paper by the end of March cause I know from experience that once it retires, I don't usually go back to it. Of course the reason for that is Stampin' Up! keeps coming out with more gorgeous paper!! I saw a sneak peak of the Summer Mini and the specialty paper is gorgeous!

   If you look closely you can see that I pierced holes all around the card base. And, you can't tell from the photo, but the brad is Not Quite Navy - blends nicely with the Bermuda Bay paper.

All supplies are Stampin' Up!
  • Enjoy Every Moment and Define Your Life stamp sets
  • Sahara Sand and Soft Suede cardstock
  • Welcome Neighbors designer paper - Sale-a-Bration
  • Thoroughly Modern dsp
  • Soft Suede and Bermuda Bay ink
  • Bermuda Bay Polka Dot grosgrain ribbon
  • Not Quite Navy brad
  • Paper Piercer
  • 1/2", 1" and 1 1/4" circle punch
  • Photo Corner punch
  • Pretties 
  • Big Shot and Billboard Die
  • Lots of Tags sizzlit
  • dimensionals
I'll probably be sending this card to one of my daughters. It looks a little western don't you think? Of course that isn't why I would send it to them cause they only live in Ohio. I just thought it looked western. And now I am rambling so on that note - hope you have a wonderful day!

4 comments:

Anne said...

Ah Lisa, I knew there was a reason I felt connected to you - I am a huge library patron. Although I have to admit that stamping has taken some of my reading time lately :) Great card and I love your interpretation of this idea!

Melissa said...

What a cute idea, Lisa! I love your color combo too.

Kay Kalthoff said...

How sweet is this?? I'm going to have to case this one for sure!! Love the color choices, too.
Kay

CRYSTAL said...

This is great! Love all the sponging for depth, and what a clever idea with the flower petals! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...