Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Glitter and Dots

   I have had this card in my mind for a while now and I finally put it together in real life. It went together alot easier in my mind though! LOL! I knew I wanted to use the glittery Sending Love Specialty designer paper from the Occasions Mini so I decided to use the Color Challenge at Stampin Addicts. It calls for Pretty in Pink, So Saffron, and Chocolate Chip. The So Saffron was the tough part.
   I punched some circles from the designer paper, making sure I used the glittery parts. For the center of the flower, I matted it with So Saffron, added a smaller circle of designer paper, and added a So Saffron button. The saying is from the stamp set Matchbox Messages, colored in with markers, matted and centered in a Vanilla flower punched with the XL Fancy Flower Punch. I hung it over the edge of the card on purpose - just for fun!
Close up of the "flower".

  It's hard to tell from the 1st photo, but I added 2 rows of Vanilla Taffeta Ribbon across the bottom hanging off the edge - just like I did with the flower!

  This card fits a letter sized envelope - you know the kind that you can buy in any store.

All supplies are Stampin' Up!
  • Matchbox Messages stamp set
  • Chocolate Chip, Vanilla, So Saffron cardstock
  • Sending Love dsp - Occasions Mini
  • Pretty in Pink and So Saffron markers
  • Circle punches
  • So Saffron button
  • Vanilla Taffeta Ribbon
  • XL Fancy Flower Punch - Occasions Mini
  • Corner Rounder punch
  • Big Shot, Perfect Polka Dots Impressions Folder
   Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Anne said...

Lisa, I LOVE this card! Soft and feminine but very modern. Absolutely stunning. I don't have that xl flower punch but I must have something I can use to case this card. Thanks for sharing it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...