Thursday, March 25, 2010

Elegant Sympathy Card

  I needed a sympathy card yesterday and I didn't have one on hand. No surprise there because I really find it difficult to make sympathy cards to "have on hand". If I do try to think ahead and make one or two,  I begin to wonder who will be the recipient and why? And that makes me sad and I like to be happy when I stamp (who doesn't!) so I never seem to have a sympathy card when I need one.

  I used my own sketch and put this card together with various elements and some retired designer paper.
   The basic colors are Elegant Eggplant and White. The designer paper is a specialty paper from last year (I think). It reminds me of the Bride Specialty Paper in this year's catalog. You I used my paper piercer and pierced row above and below the White Organza Ribbon. I also added some pierced detail on the front of the card. 


   A few tips: A Clear Rhinestone Brad was added to the button. White Shimmer Paint was dabbed onto the embossed circle of cardstock. I attached the clear button with a Mini Glue Dot.

All supplies are Stampin' Up!
  • Friends 24-7, Thoughts and Prayers, and Gallery stamp sets
  • Elegant Eggplant, White cardstock
  • Specialty Paper -retired
  • Elegant Eggplant ink
  • Large Oval, 1 3/4" circle, 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" circle punches
  • Corner Rounder punch
  • White Organza Ribbon
  • Fleurette
  • Clear Button
  • White Button
  • Clear Rhinestone Brad
  • dimensionals
  • Jumbo White Brad
  • Shimmer Paint
  • Paper Piercing Tool
I hope you liked today's card. Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

Cheekie's Ink Pad said...

very very pretty. wish I had the stuff to do this one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...