Monday, March 1, 2010

Daffodil Days

       It's March. It's American Cancer Society Daffodil Days. At least it is here, in Massachusetts where I live. Because I have lost several loved ones, including my father, to Cancer and have friends who had/have Cancer, daffodils are important to me! To read more about Daffodil Days go here.

   So I made this card in recognition of Daffodil Days. 

  I used this week's sketch from Splitcoast Stampers. For the stamped image I used the new stamp set, Abundant Hope, and stamped it with Black Stazon ink on Watercolor paper. A variety of markers were used to color it in.

   I had to do some masking to create the cluster of daffodils. First I stamped the image in the center. Then I masked it, inked up my stamp and stamped again on the left. Keeping my mask in place, I reinked my stamp and stamped again on the right! I removed the mask and voila - a cluster of daffodils!

   After I colored my daffodils I used my Creamy Caramel marker and added shading beneath the leaves and flowers.

   I decided to use the ticket corner punch and brads in the corners of my watercolor paper. It helped break up some of the white space. Once all of my layering was done, I added my ribbon and a bow complete with a corduroy brad. But wait!

   Before I added the brad, I made my little tag by using my Old Olive marker to ink up only the Blessings part of the Easter Blessings saying that comes with this stamp set. Then I punched a hole in the end and attached it to the brad by threading one the prongs through the hole and wrapping the prongs around the bow. Clear as mud?!

All supplies are Stampin' Up!
  • Abundant Hope stamp set - Occasions Mini
  • Barely Banana cardstock
  • Watercolor paper
  • Pawsitively Prints and Shades of Spring designer paper - Occasions Mini
  • Black Stazon ink
  • Various markers including Creamy Caramel and Old Olive
  • Ticket Corner Punch
  • Summer Sun Corduroy Brad and Soft Subtle brads
  • Certainly Celery grosgrain ribbon
If you would to learn more about Daffodil Days in your area you can read all about it here on the American Cancer Society's website.

Thank you for your patronage. (sorry, I just love how that sounds!)

5 comments:

Jacqueline (Scraps of Life) said...

This card is absolutely beautiful! I love the colors you chose, and you colored in the flowers so well! I thought you had cut the flowers out and layered them onto that main panel because you're shading is done so well! Fabulous card!

Robin Merriman said...

Gorgeous card and a great cause! Love your design and your watercoloring - simply beautiful! TFS!

CRYSTAL said...

This is sooo pretty. Reminds me that Spring is on it's way and I am sure looking forward to seeing those golden petals! :) tfs

Jess said...

I'm pretty new to stampin up and I just received my new supplies in today and abundant hope stamp set is the one I chose to work with because of the awesome weather and day I have had with my children. So for a few ideas I got on and found your absolutely beautiful card and linked it to my blog to share. Thanks for sharing and the great inspiration. Stop by and check out what I make if you get the chance at my really new blog. http://crazyfunwithjess.blogspot.com/

Ret said...

oooooooooooo!!! This is soooo beautiful!!! What beautiful colors you chose and your coloring and layering is wonderful! Love your work!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...