Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Country Hello

   I love the country! I don't live in the country anymore - wish I did - but I still love it anyway. When I go home to Pennsylvania to spend time with my mom, I can always count on the neighbor's rooster to wake me up! He takes his job very seriously. LOL. Speaking of roosters!

   The stamp set that I used for my card is actually a Hostess set called Country Morning. As soon as I saw it, I loved it, mainly for the baby chick image (not used on this card), but also for the other "country" images. Plus it is so much fun to watercolor!

The sketch I used is from the blog, Stamping 411.

Here is my rooster!
  I wanted to keep the background of the card understated so it wouldn't overpower the main image. So I pulled out my trusty, much used, much loved Itty Bitty Background stamp and stamped the speckles randomly on the Kraft cardstock. Then, in keeping with the country look, I used the gingham paper from Pawsitively Prints designer paper. Instead of ribbon or a contrasting color, I added dimensionals to a narrow strip of the same gingham paper and added So Saffron Buttons tied with linen thread.

  My main image was stamped with Black Stazon ink on watercolor paper and...... you guessed it! I colored it with markers and an aquapainter. The corners were roughed up a little except for the corner where I added another watercolored image that I colored, carefully cut out, and tied with a tag stamped with "Hello" from the Tiny Tags stamp set. 
Edited to Add: For the Faux Copic Marker Technique which I used here, please see the incredibly talented Julie Buhler's blog, Paper Pleasing Ideas. She has a wonderful tutorial.

   All of the watercolored images were raised up with multiple dimensionals! 
   All edges were sponged with Close to Cocoa ink.

All supplies are Stampin' Up!.
  • Country Morning stamp set - Hostess 
  • Itty Bitty Background stamp set
  • Tiny Tags stamp set- Occasions Mini
  • Kraft cardstock
  • Water Color Paper
  • Pawsitively Prints designer paper - Occasions Mini
  • Black Stazon and Close to Cocoa Ink
  • Markers and Aquapainter
  • So Saffron Buttons and Linen Thread
  • Medium Jewelry Tag punch
  • Sponge and dimensionals
  Enjoy your day and I hope you find time to Add Ink and Stamp!

19 comments:

Robin Merriman said...

Wow! FABULOUS card! I have to admit I have not even mounted this set - not a fan really, but this card is astoundingly beautiful! Love that it retains a simple look even with all your details - you have great style!
Thanks for playing with the 411 this week!

Jen Timko said...

This card is amazing! Every detail is just right. Your watercoloring is stunning!

Melissa said...

Wow, this is gorgeous, Lisa! Your watercoloring is just amazing, and I love the "country" feel of your card.

Rochelle said...

This is great! So warm and inviting. Love the colors!

Patti Chesky said...

Beautiful watercoloring...my jaw is on the floor. Your card would make anyone's day!!! Thanks for playing along with the Stamping 411.

CRYSTAL said...

WOw, this is fabulosity! :) It's perfect. Love the speckled bg, love the coloring job, love the DSP that looks like a spring checkered picnic blanket! Well done! :) tfs

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

This is too fabulous! The water coloring is to die for and the composition is just the BEST!

Selene Kempton said...

WOW!!! This is stunning! Hootin and hollerin here!

Crafting Clare said...

You've done an amazing job. I adore this beautiful card.

Tiffany Bauer said...

WOW this is amazing!!! I just love this card!!! I too have not used this stamp set yet either but you have just inspired me to pull it out!! What a great CAS card!! Very nice!! Thanks for playing along with us over at the Stamping 411 Blog!!

Karen H. said...

This card is amazing. I had to check out the rest of your blog and LOVE it. You are very talented. I've added you to my blog reader. TFS your work!

Kerin said...

Oh my the watercoloring on this card is gorgeous!!!!!! Stunning :)

LeAnne said...

My goodness, this is INCREDIBLE! Your artwork is amazing! TFS!

stamperbeth said...

Beautiful coloring! I've tried coloring this rooster but just didn't like it. Now I can copy yours! Beautiful!

Kay Kalthoff said...

WOW! This is gorgeous!!

Lynda said...

Looks like plenty have already used the word "amazing" here, but it can't be overused in this case; your watercoloring (and entire card) ARE amazing! What a treat!

Juliana said...

Oh my gosh, wow-wow-wow! If I'm a very good girl, can I learn to watercolor like you when I grow up?

Thanks for sharing your talent! Wonderful card.

Ret said...

I love your rooster!!! What a pretty card, so calming & peaceful! I realllllllly like how you did this!!!!

Lisa said...

This is lovely and inspires me to watercolor with this fun set that I got recently! Love the gingham paper you used; it all works perfectly together!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...