First though let me show you the sketch I used. It is from a wonderful blog called Our Creative Corner.
I shifted the focal point to the right to allow maximum exposure of the shimmer paint. Cool huh?!
To get the shimmer, I first ran the cardstock through my Big Shot using the Elegant Bouquet Impressions Folder. Then I painted on some White Shimmer Paint and let it dry. Unfortunately photos don't do this amazing paint justice. I also added little dots of Shimmer Paint on the border. LOVE that!!
You can see by this photo that I bent the saying just a little and attached a brad and a button. I even added a dab of Shimmer Paint to the brad! It gave it a very pearly look! And.... I stamped the inside cause I LOVE the cross stamp from Refuge and Strength!
I stamped the cross with So Saffron ink then stamped the saying from Abundant Hope right over the cross. I use this cross in so many ways! Easter, Sympathy, Inspiration, Babies, the list goes on!
All supplies are Stampin' Up!
- Abundant Hope stamp set - Occasions Mini
- Refuge and Strength stamp set and Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set
- Certainly Celery, So Saffron, White, Shimmer White cardstock
- So Saffron, Certainly Celery, Black Stazon Ink
- Corner Rounder, Wide Window and Scallop Trim Border punches
- Big Shot
- Elegant Bouquet Impressions Folder
- Brad and Button
- White Shimmer Paint
- White Satin Ribbon