Thursday, March 11, 2010

Abundant Hope

   I am one of those people who don't make decisions easily or quickly. If something new arrives on the scene, whether it is stamping related, clothing styles, whatever, I wait. And wait. Take the Big Shot for example. I waited almost a year to get one! What was I thinking?! So when Shimmer Paints arrived on the scene in the fall I didn't even give them a second glance. Then I started to read rave reviews - stampers love the stuff! I finally broke down and got some and yeah I see what they mean! This paint is fun!! So I made a card with it and here it is.
First though let me show you the sketch I used. It is from a wonderful blog called Our Creative Corner.



 I shifted the focal point to the right to allow maximum exposure of the shimmer paint. Cool huh?!

   To get the shimmer, I first ran the cardstock through my Big Shot using the Elegant Bouquet Impressions Folder. Then I painted on some White Shimmer Paint and let it dry. Unfortunately photos don't do this amazing paint justice. I also added little dots of Shimmer Paint on the border. LOVE that!!
  You can see by this photo that I bent the saying just a little and attached a brad and a button. I even added a dab of Shimmer Paint to the brad! It gave it a very pearly look! And.... I stamped the inside cause I LOVE the cross stamp from Refuge and Strength!
   I stamped the cross with So Saffron ink then stamped the saying from Abundant Hope right over the cross. I use this cross in so many ways! Easter, Sympathy, Inspiration, Babies, the list goes on! 

All supplies are Stampin' Up!
  • Abundant Hope stamp set - Occasions Mini
  • Refuge and Strength stamp set and Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set
  • Certainly Celery, So Saffron, White, Shimmer White cardstock
  • So Saffron, Certainly Celery, Black Stazon Ink
  • Markers
  • Corner Rounder, Wide Window and Scallop Trim Border punches
  • Big Shot
  • Elegant Bouquet Impressions Folder
  • Brad and Button
  • White Shimmer Paint
  • White Satin Ribbon
Well I thank you for stopping by! Hope you find time to stamp today!

2 comments:

Silke Ledlow said...

Lisa - I'm glad you decided to get some Shimmer Paint...it is really fun to use and I should actully search for mine ..he,he!!!

Your Sketch card turned out GORGEOUS!!! Love the SU Set, the embossing in the BG and how you added the Shimmer on top of it!!!
Perect design!!!

Thank you so much for playing along with us!!! Hugs ~S~

Joycelyn Turner said...

What a beautiful creation!!!!! Gorgeous work with this sketch!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...