Saturday, March 13, 2010

3 Crosses on Easter Morning

   The inspiration for this card came from my church. You see we have 2 huge screens at the front of the church. And projected onto these screens are the words to the hymns/songs we are singing at the time. And behind the words is a picture, which varies. The last few weeks the picture has been a sunrise with 3 black crosses on a hill! And the crosses look like they have been highlighted by a white crayon - seriously! This week it struck me! This would make a great card! And there you have it.

   To make the card I first stamped the crosses on Glossy Cardstock with Versamark and embossed them with Black Embossing Powder. The cross is from the stamp set Refuge and Strengh (I told you this was a useful stamp!). Then I highlighted the crosses with a white crayon. Next I used sponges and streaked color across the card front starting with Apricot Appeal, then Elegant Eggplant and Night of Navy. Finally I streaked some Melon Mambo through it. If you look closely, I saved some white space at the bottom of the middle cross to direct your eye to THE CROSS.

   Now I needed a hill so I carefully tore some black cardstock to represent one!

  The word "Celebrate" comes from the Matchbox Messages stamp set. I used a black marker on the word only. And it doesn't really show well in the photo but that is a piece of Rich Razzleberry Ribbon under the saying! I love this card!

All supplies are Stampin' Up!
  • Refuge and Strength stamp set and Matchbox Messages stamp set
  • So Saffron, Glossy White, Whisper White and Black (for the hill) cardstock 
  • Versamark ink
  • Apricot Appeal, Elegant Eggplant, Melon Mambo, Night of Navy ink
  • Black Embossing Powder and Heat Tool
  • Small Oval Punch and Corner Rounder Punch
  • Vintage Brads
  • Rich Razzleberry grosgrain ribbon
  • sponges
  • White crayon for highlights - not Stampin' Up!
I would love to hear what you think of this card. I hope you have a blessed day!

6 comments:

Robin Merriman said...

Lisa, I Love this card and especially the reason for it! You did a beautiful job!

Kay Kalthoff said...

Oh Lisa -
This is just gorgeous! Thank you for providing the step by step details!
Kay

HeathersHobby said...

Lisa, this is absolutely gorgeous! I can't wait to try this one for myself. Thank you for sharing it.

Soozie4Him said...

Lisa, I'll be CASE'ing this one for sure! LOVE how you "highlighted" the middle cross! Praise God that He sent HIS SON to die on the cross for us!

Susan, aka Soozie4Him on SCS

CRYSTAL said...

This is a beautiful depiction of what Easter is really about! Thanks for the 'how-to', as well! :) tfs

Sharon Steinwand said...

Such an impressive card! I just got this set, and was looking for inspiration - your card is great! Not sure if I can shade like you, but I'm going to try. Thanks for the instructions!
Have a Blessed Easter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...