Friday, February 19, 2010

Straw Hat and Just a Thanks

As part of my busy day yesterday, I was determined to stamp so I did. First I went looking for a good sketch to try, and found this one at Stamping 411. 


  Can you believe I hadn't even opened this awesome stamp set, called Garden From The Heart, until yesterday?! This is one of my favorites in the entire Occasions Mini catalog too! I knew that I wanted to use our markers and watercolor paper for these images cause it just makes the color POP!


  It looks like I cut out the hat and gloves separately doesn't it? I didn't though. Instead, for the hat, I stamped it with Black Stazon, masked it, and then using the Stamp-a-ma-jig, I stamped the vines. The vine stamp by the way, is from the Matchbox Messages stamp set - as is the saying. The trick to make it look like it is cut out separately is all in the shadow. I added a thin line of Creamy Caramel beneath the hat and the gloves. It is just enough to give it some depth. 

  I wanted more depth for the headband of the hat so I stamped it again, colored it, and cut it out. Then I added a brad and adhered it to all to the main image. Just a little trick I like to do sometimes.

   For the gloves and saying: I stamped the gloves with Black Stazon. Then I used a marker and inked up just the sayings portion of a stamp from Matchbox Messages. I stamped the saying and then using scissors I cut around the wrist of the glove and carefully punched everything with the Wide Oval Punch.

   Our 1 1/2" Twill cut to size and frayed was adhered to the card front over a Scallop Trim Border. Linen Thread and some Designer Buttons finished off the card.

All supplies are Stampin' Up! Click here to order.
  • Garden From the Heart stamp set - Occasions Mini
  • Matchbox Messages stamp set
  • Tempting Turquoise and Chocolate chip cardstock
  • Water color paper
  • Black Stazon ink and Chocolate Chip ink for the vine
  • Chocolate Chip, More Mustard, So Saffron, Creamy Caramel, Barely Banana, Taken With Teal, Tempting Turquoise, Old Olive, Certainly Celery, Dusty Durango markers
  • Blender Pen
  • 1 1/2" Twill
  • Wide Oval Punch
  • Corner rounder punch
  • Designer Buttons
  • Scallop Trim Border Punch - Sale-a-Bration
  • Linen thread
  • Brad
  • Sponge and dimensionals
Thanks for stopping by! 

9 comments:

Robin Merriman said...

Your card is stunning! Love all your details and the coloring is fabulous! Great job with the sketch - thanks for playing along this week!

Kelly said...

Congratulations! I just wanted you to know that your project will appear on the Yahoo Group Late Night Stamper’s blog finds of the day for February 20. Want to receive your own copy of the blog finds of the day? Join us at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/stampinuplnstampers/ or visit our Blog Finds of the Day Blog at http://blogfindsoftheday.blogspot.com.

Lisa Hensley said...

I love all the shabby touches you put on this card!

Melissa said...

Gorgeous, Lisa! Congrats on being in the Stampers Showcase! :)

Kay Kalthoff said...

Absolutely delightful!

Ann Schach said...

Wow! I love the colors! Awesome card!

jpitta said...

Lisa, This card is gorgeous... I love all the detail. Beautiful!

Robin said...

How gorgeous! What beautiful coloring, too!

Jen Timko said...

Your watercoloring is amazing on this card! I love the buttons and all the lovely details!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...