Saturday, February 13, 2010

Spring Birthday in Winter

  My husband came to me yesterday and said he needed a birthday card for his mother whose birthday is this month. Oh boy says I - I will make you one! I always love an excuse to stamp! LOL.

   When I look at this card I can't help but think of Spring! On another note did you notice my new Blog Banner?! I made it with My Digital Studio! The colors say Spring to me - as well as flowers and birds of course!

   Moving on. As you can tell, if you follow my blog, I like to use our demonstrator magazine for ideas. I figure they must know what they are doing when designing cards so why not take advantage of it! That is what I did for this card. I just changed it up to suit my style and need.

   First I ran the card base through the Big Shot using the Final Press Embossing Folder. Then I added a strip of yellow gingham from the Pawsitively Prints designer paper and a strip of eyelet punched with our Eyelet Border punch. The saying is a rub on added to a strip of vellum cardstock. I am not sure how my 88 year old mother in law will feel about the saying. Are birthdays the best at that age?! I don't know but she has a great sense of humor so no worries there.

   The flower is just 5 pieces of Pawsitively Prints designer paper punched with the XL Fancy Flower punch, "crunched" and layered.

  For the adorable polka dotted butterfly I used the Kissing Technique! Don't know what that is? Head on over to Stampin Addicts for directions and more samples! For my sample I used the new Butterfly Accent stamp from the Occasions Mini and the polka dot stamp from Itty Bitty Backgrounds. So easy and so fun! The Butterfly Accent stamp was designed specifically for this technique! Pair it up with any background stamp - the new ones in the Occasions Mini are perfect. Hope you will try it for yourself!
  
All supplies are Stampin' Up! Click here to order.
  • Butterfly Accent stamp (Occasions Mini)
  • Itty Bitty Background stamp - free with $50 order during Sale-a-Bration
  • Cameo Coral and White cardstock
  • Pawsitively Prints designer paper (Occasions Mini)
  • Vellum cardstock
  • Rub on
  • Eyelet Border Punch
  • XL Fancy Flower Punch (Occasions Mini)
  • Designer Flower brad
  • Buttons
  • Certainly Celery Grosgrain ribbon
  • Big Shot and Final Press embossing folder
Have a blessed weekend! 

1 comment:

Kim said...

This is very "springy" and very pretty. I am sure your MIL will love it.

Thanks for sharing,
Kim

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...