Monday, February 15, 2010

Robin in a Tree of Circles


   Robins are a sure sign of Spring here in New England and oh boy I sure can't wait till Spring!! 

   A few weeks ago we were having mild temperatures for this time of year (40's) and as I went out to get the mail around 5ish I heard a robin! You know how they chirp at dusk in the spring and summer? Well that is what I heard! This is very unusual in January! Then a few days later I saw a robin in our  crabapple tree eating crabapples. And I have been seeing it every few days ever since. He is very protective of that crabapple tree as well he should be since we still have snow on the ground. I love that little guy cause when I see him I know Spring is on its way!

   So in honor of my robin I made this card.

   I got the idea for this card while looking through a scrapbooking magazine. I just adapted it to a card. It is a great way to use up scraps of designer paper and random buttons and brads.

   All of the paper is from the 6 x 6 Welcome Neighbors designer paper. Once I had the sky and grass done, I added the tree. I stamped the tree from Seasons of Friendship on a separate piece of cardstock but it could be stamped directly to the paper (I tried it and it worked). Then I punched out random sizes of designer paper and added some buttons and brads. 

   The bird is also from Seasons of Friendship. I used markers to make it look like a robin. The saying is from Teeny Tiny Wishes (a must have stamp set) and layered onto cardstock punched with the Modern Label punch. 

   The ribbon is threaded through 2 round holes punched on either side of the saying. And finally all of the corners were rounded in keeping with the "round" circles, buttons and brads. 

Here is a close up of the tree.

All supplies are from Stampin' Up! Click here to order.
  • Seasons of Friendship and Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp sets
  • Soft Suede, So Saffron and White cardstock
  • Welcome Neighbors designer paper (Sale-a-Bration)
  • Soft Suede and Dusty Durango ink and markers
  • Buttons
  • Flower designer brad
  • White Jumbo Brad
  • Modern Label punch
  • White Taffeta ribbon
If you have the day off - enjoy! Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

CRYSTAL said...

I'm ready for the arrival of robins and what it means, too! :) Great job on the card! :)

Ronda said...

Just adorable. Great colors!

Tracy said...

I love this!! I am going to copy it. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...