Sunday, February 28, 2010

Like a Spring Day

   I love the sound of that! "Like a Spring Day".  Maybe if I keep repeating it ala Dorothy in Oz, it will come true!

When I saw the color combination for this week's challenge at Colour Q, I wasn't sure if I could pull it off cause I find working with 4 colors to be difficult to do sometimes. Don't know why - just do!
          The colors: Melon Mambo, Regal Rose, Apricot Appeal, Green Galore, and Neutral. 
They immediately made me think Spring!
  I love how this card just evolved! First I made the card base and added the border punched with the Scallop Trim Border Punch. I then used the stamp set, A Kind Word, and stamped the image on watercolor paper with Black Stazon ink and colored it in with markers. So far so good. 

   Next I added the ribbon, but first I used Black Stazon ink again and stamped the saying directly on the ribbon! How cool is that?! I used the Slot punch to punch slots for the ribbon to slide through. 

   Well at this point, it definitely needed something across the top, so I used my Big Shot and the Little Leaves Sizzlit and made a "branch". To make the flowers I used the Trio Flower Punch and punched  Apricot Appeal, Regal Rose and Melon Mambo cardstock. Apricot Appeal Brads were added to the centers.

  Tip: I sponged everything with Melon Mambo to give it extra depth. Dimensionals were used to give the main image extra height.
   
  All supplies are Stampin' Up!
  • A Kind Word stamp set
  • Melon Mambo, Regal Rose, Apricot Appeal, Green Galore cardstock
  • Watercolor Paper
  • Razzleberry Lemonade designer paper
  • Black Stazon ink
  • Melon Mambo, Regal Rose, Apricot Appeal, Green Galore markers
  • Creamy Caramel marker for shadows and Blush Blossom marker for flesh tones
  • Blender Pen
  • Scallop Trim Border Punch and Trio Flower Punch
  • Regal Rose grosgrain ribbon
  • Apricot Appeal brads
  • Big Shot and Little Leaves Sizzlit
  • Sponge and dimensionals
Hope you have a great day and thanks for stopping by.

8 comments:

Rochelle said...

This is so cute! Love what you did with the leaves and your water coloring is great!

Melissa said...

You used the colors so well! Your card is beautiful, and I love the stamped ribbon!

Steph said...

This card is sooooo beautiful. I love the colors. I haven't tried color challenges but I think I will. You did an awesome job on this card, and that is one of my favorite stamp sets:)

CRYSTAL said...

Oh, this is so bright, cheery, and adorable!! Excellent coloring job! :)

Kitty A. said...

Wonderful card! Cheerful colors and very creative.

Ret said...

Oh my gosh, Lisa, I LOVE THIS!!!
it is so cute! The colors are marvelous, I just can't say enough about this card, I LOVE IT!!! Beautiful job, Lisa!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

so sweet and I love the green and mambo together!

Loralee said...

Very pretty and colorful! Awesome job!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...