Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Cupcake Holder- Sort Of

   Sorry I haven't posted in a few days. I have been very busy with life. That, and last week was school vacation week, which meant the library where I work was CRAZY! And since I work in the children's department, it was even CRAZIER! By the time I got home, I was way too tired to stamp. Not whining, just sayin'.

  You know, when I get the chance, I really enjoy hanging out at Stampin Addicts: a positive, creative stamping website! I encourage you to check them out, especially this week. They are celebrating their 1 year birthday with some contests and more! One of the things I love about Stampin Addicts is the challenges they offer daily! It's fun and easy to participate!

If you decide to join Stampin Addicts because of me, please help me by putting my Stampin Addicts user name, genesis, in the Referrer Field on the registration form. It can't be my real name it has to be genesis. Thanks muchly!

   Mondays at Stampin Addicts always brings a new 3D challenge for anyone to try. This week's 3D challenge is a Cupcake Holder! But the problem was I didn't have any cupcakes or cake mix to make cup cakes, sooo I made a Muffin Holder cause I did have some chocolate chip muffins! We love muffins at our house so I thought it would be a fun to make one of these holders and present it to David at breakfast! He thought it was great!

  I'll let you go to Stampin Addicts for the directions. I changed it a little by adding a scalloped border with faux stitching. I also added some chocolate chip grosgrain ribbon tied to each corner.

  For the muffin pick, I stamped the Smile! from Picnic Parade stamp set, added the bird, and colored them in with markers. This is when the clear mount stamps are at their best cause the clear block allows for near perfect placement of the stamp image! 
  I hope you enjoyed this little Cupcake Holder (sort of) and don't forget to check out Stampin Addicts!
All supplies are Stampin' Up! Click here to order.
  • Picnic Parade- Hostess in Occasions Mini
  • Melon Mambo, Chocolate Chip and White cardstock
  • Razzleberry Lemonade designer paper
  • Basic Brown ink; Melon Mambo, Crushed Curry, Chocolate Chip markers
  • Lattice die and Big Shot
  • Scallop Border Punch, 1 3/8" Circle and 1 1/4" Circle punches
  • XL Fancy Flower punch
  • white gel pen
  • Chocolate chip grosgrain ribbon - 1/4" and 5/8"
  • Button with linen thread
Thank you for taking the time to stopping by my blog. I always appreciate and value the comments I receive so if you have time, drop me a line. Ha ha that rhymes - sort of.

2 comments:

Ann Schach said...

How creative! I love how you used the Lattice die! Great colors, too!

CRYSTAL said...

Ooooh, how cute! LOVE everything about it - design, colors...everything! :) TFS!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...