Monday, January 18, 2010

Very Thankful


   Today is Martin Luther King Jr. Day which means I have the day off and so do alot of other people. Hopefully one of them is you!
   But I don't want to minimize why we observe this day or the man behind it. So I am thankful. Thankful for alot of things and not just the things you think about at times like say, Thanksgiving, but things like freedom and the right to vote and a country that I love.

  Sorry I didn't mean to preach. One "preacher" in the family is enough! Ha Ha! Here is my thankful card.

   This is one of the 4 stamps from the Very Thankful stamp set which, as you know from previous posts, is the Ronald McDonald House stamp set.. I just felt like stamping yesterday and with no reason, or person in mind, I came up with this card. It is a pretty straightforward card. I used my favorite coloring technique of markers on watercolor paper (faux copic markers) and one of my favorite layouts.

   All supplies are Stampin' Up! Click here to order.
  • Very Thankful stamp set (Ronald McDonald House Charities)
  • Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive cardstock
  • Watercolor paper
  • Cottage Wall dsp
  • Black Stazon ink
  • markers
  • Small heart punch (Occasions mini)
  • Eyelet Border punch
  • Button
  • Rich Razzleberry grosgrain ribbon
Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day. I hope it is a creative one!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...