Thursday, January 7, 2010

Squirrels Can Be Cute

   Ok, ok all squirrels are cute - they just annoy me when they get in my bird feeder!

   Now I have to say there is nothing annoying about the cute little squirrel in the new Love Bandit stamp set. I just can't stop reaching for him/her. And because I have the clear mount (remember only the block is clear) version it is so easy to eliminate the saying at the bottom of the stamp - just like I did with todays card(s).

   For my inspiration today I headed over to Stamping 411. This is the card I made using the sketch I found there.
   I used the Movers and Shapers Big Shot die to cut the textured Blush Blossom cardstock. Then I just stamped that cute little squirrel, added some marker to the flowers, and punched it out with the Curly Label punch. It fits perfectly in the window!

  To keep with the sketch I added the felt shapes from the new Sweet Pea Stitched Felt, chocolate chip taffeta ribbon and the saying stamped on punched cardstock and embellished with another Sweet Pea felt shape.  And of course anytime there is Chocolate Chip in the color scheme I have to sponge the edges!

   But wait there is more! And here is where I drive myself crazy. I wasn't sure if I liked the ribbon so do I add the ribbon or do I not add the ribbon? I finally decided to add the ribbon but post both versions so here you go - the version without ribbon.
With ribbon or without, I had a blast making this card! And it was soooo easy!

All supplies are Stampin' Up! Don't forget to check out the new Occasions Mini and Sale-a-bration catalogs!
  • Love Bandit (Occasion Mini) stamp set and Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set
  • Blush Blossom textured cardstock and Vanilla cardstock
  • Modern Label and  Curly Label punches
  • Sweet Pea Stitched Felt shapes (Occasions Mini)
  • sponge
  • Big Shot and Movers and Shapers die
Thanks for stopping by and if you are a part of this "cold snap" gripping parts of the nation, stay warm!

2 comments:

Priscilla said...

The squirrel is adorable and I love the color combination. Thanks for sharing
Priscilla

gbarron56 said...

very cute! Love the way you put it all together. Thanks so much for playing along with the Stamping 411 Operators this week. We hope you'll play again soon. Blessings, Gretchen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...