Saturday, January 2, 2010

Penguin on Ice

   Well the kids left this morning for the long drive to Pennsylvania and then back to Ohio tomorrow. It was so much fun having them home and I will miss them! Boy will I ever.

   I have found that the best way to "mourn" is to stamp!! Nothing works like rubber and ink to occupy the mind so in between loads of laundry I came up with this thank you card - the first of many I need to stamp!
   Sometimes I just like stamping on a plain white card so this is what I did for my little penguin on ice.

   I didn't feel like cutting out the penguin, ice and hat and then piecing them together so I stamped the penguin, masked it, stamped the ice and added the hat. Then I just cut around the left side so the ice hangs off the edge of the cardstock.

  To add the ribbon, I used the slit punch and punched through the white and black cardstock and then used my hobby blade to cut through the card front. That made it easier to thread the ribbon, wrap it around the card and tie it.

The saying and punched snowflake complete the card.

All supplies are Stampin' Up! Click here to order.
  • Cold and Cuddly stamp set (Holiday Mini), Thank You Kindly and Simple Snowflake stamp sets
  • Basic Black and White cardstock
  • Basic Black, Bravo Burgundy and Brocade Blue ink and markers
  • Brocade Blue grosgrain ribbon
  • Horizontal Slot punch and Snowflake punch
  • Silver brads
  • dimensionals and sponge
Off to stamp some more! Have a great weekend and thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...