Friday, January 29, 2010

Paper Flower and More

  I made this card for my oldest daughter because I am so proud if her and very happy for her. She has been wanting to change jobs and last week she got the word that the job she really wanted is hers! She had to go through several interviews including a presentation so she wasn't sure she would get it but she did!

   This card is made with Taken With Teal, one of her favorite colors.

   The focus of this card is of course the paper flower I made with our new Extra Large Fancy Flower Punch. I wish I could say I came up with the idea but alas I did not. It originated, I believe, with a very talented stamper, Ilina Crouse,  Only she used pages from an old book! I used the new designer paper from Sale-a-Bration. 

   To make the flower, punch 5 flowers with the new Flower punch. Fold (Crunch) 4 of the 5 flowers and then with a dot of Tombow Multi-Purpose Adhesive attach them one on top of another without lining up the petals. They need to be alternating. I then put a button in the center and attached the flower to the top of my ribbon. Now in the photo there is an orange color cast. That is due to my bad photography and the fact that the reverse side of the paper is Pumpkin Pie!

   A few more things to note. The border was punched with our new Pinking Hearts Border Punch
The speckles on the card are made with one of my absolute must have stamps, Itty Bitty Backgrounds     It has been around a long time, can be found in the large Catalog, and is Free with Sale-a-Bration. The leaves of the flower are really the wings punched with our new Extra Large Two Step Bird Punch.

   All supplies are Stampin' Up! Click here to order from me.
  • Happy Everything and Itty Bitty Backgrounds stamp sets
  • Taken With Teal, Old Olive, Kraft and White cardstock
  • Welcome Neighbor designer paper (Sale-a-Bration)
  • Old Olive, Taken With Teal ink
  • Summer Sun corduroy buttons
  • Natural Hemp Twine
  • Old Olive Grosgrain Ribbon
  • Extra Large Fancy Flower Punch, Extra Large Two Step Bird Punch (Occasions Mini)
  • Pink Hearts Border Punch (Occasions Mini)
  • Small Oval Punch, Large Oval Punch
  • Tombow Multi-Purpose Adhesive

I hope you will try one of these flowers - they are so easy to make and really add dimension to the project! Happy Friday!

1 comment:

Sharon Field / Created By You said...

LOVE this flower and card... very cute!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...