Tuesday, January 5, 2010

It's the Big 3 Oh

  No that is not how old I am! I passed that milestone a a long time ago! It's actually the number of years David and I have been married. Today is our 30th wedding anniversary - I can hardly believe it! I am so blessed because, as cliched as it sounds, I am married to my best friend. He is quite a guy and if you don't believe me, read this post.

   I thought about the card I could make for the occasion but nothing was coming to my mind. I kept thinking "book". Note: I think about books alot - I work in a library after all! But the more I thought about it, the more I liked the idea. So here is what I made for David in honor of our anniversary. I should add that I chose the colors Night of Navy and Close to Cocoa cause he likes blue and brown. Makes sense right?
It's a book. Well sort of.
It's really the Matchbox die made into a book. The front of it says it all. David did steal my heart but the inside of the book reveals more.
Page 1

Pages 2 and 3

Pages 4 and 5

The little tab attached to page 5 allows that page to be pulled up to reveal
my handwritten message (sorry - can't show you that. lol).

And that, my cyber friends, is my Anniversary book.

How did I make it? I used Close to Cocoa cardstock and cut it using the Matchbox die. I put the bottom of the Matchbox together the usual way. I cut the part that slides over the box in half and made it into the front of the book. Sorry I should have taken a picture of that step. Then I just layered Night of Navy cardstock on the top and bottom with natural hemp in between to tie the book shut. The pages are just white cardstock cut slightly smaller than the inside of the matchbox and adhered together.

  All supplies are Stampin' Up!
  • Love Bandit and With All My Heart stamp sets (Occasions Mini)
  • Things I Love, Look Who's Turning, and Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp sets
  • Close to Cocoa, Night of Navy, Real Red and White cardstock
  • Night of Navy dsp (hostess)
  • Night of Navy, Close to Cocoa, Basic Black and Real Red ink and markers
  • Corduroy button, Jumbo Eyelet (pewter) and Silver brads
  • Linen thread and Natural hemp twine
  • Small Heart punch (Occasions mini), Trio Flower Punch, Word Window punch, My Way punch, Large oval punch, Round Tab punch
  • Big Shot, Matchbox die, Billboard Alphabet die
  • Tombow Multi Purpose Adhesive and sponge
I hope to be posting about our new Clear Mount stamps soon. They are so awesome!
In the meantime, happy stamping and thanks for stopping by.

3 comments:

Ann Schach said...

This is soooo cute! How creative! Thanks for playing @ PPA!

Pals Paper Arts said...

Wonderfully creative project! Thanks for playing @PPA!

Margaret Moody said...

This is so creative, Lisa! How clever you are to use the Matchbox die for this project! Thanks for sharing your wonderful idea!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...