Saturday, January 16, 2010

Friend of the Fox


   Ok so it's a little play on words. Fox and Friends is a new stamp set from the Occasions Mini and this little whale is one of the friends! I have this thing for animals - I love them in real life or just stamps.
If you love whales and/or dolphins watch the new documentary "The Cove" now out on DVD. Be warned - it will make you think twice about seeing these animals perform in captivity.

   I had alot of fun with this card. I plan on sending it to one of my daughters. She'll think it's great!

   To make the front of the card I made the waves first. To do this I cut the cardstock and vellum to fit the card front and then I used my circle punch and punched partial circles across the top of the vellum and the Bermuda Bay cardstock.
   Then I just placed the Bermuda Bay cardstock on the front (do Not adhere) and decided where on the waves I wanted my whale, made a light pencil mark, removed the waves, and stamped the whale. The Clear Mount stamps make this soooo easy because you can see where you are stamping.

 I stamped the whale on white cardstock but lightly sponged on bermuda bay to add some color for the sky. And to add some more color, and to reflect the "I Love You" theme, I added 2 little hearts punched with our new small heart punch.

All supplies are Stampin' Up! Click her to order from me.
  • Fox and Friends (Occasions Mini) and Three Little Words stamp sets
  • Basic Grey, Melon Mambo, Bermuda Bay and White card stock
  • Vellum cardstock
  • Basic Grey, Bermuda Bay ink
  • 1 1/4" circle punch
  • Modern Label and Word Window punches
  • Small Heart punch (Occasions Mini)
  • silver brads
  • Bermuda Bay grosgrain ribbon
  • Button with white embroidery floss
  • sponge
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a great weekend! If you can, take time to stamp.

1 comment:

Marie said...

Great card, and I agree - it's a very interesting thing, having whales/dolphins in captivity. For all the "good" that SeaWorld does, there's some surprising not-good that they do to, and they're probably the "best" organization that there is for these animals.

Back to the card though - it's super cute!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...