Thursday, December 10, 2009

Shh It's a Secret!

  but I just have to show you!

  Fortunately my daughters don't look at my blog so they won't be seeing these gift card holders until Christmas. Now you may be wondering why in the world they don't look at my blog and truthfully I don't know for sure that they don't but it's a safe bet they haven't and won't. It's just not their thing and that is perfectly ok with me!

   I had so much fun making these (3 in all)! You see I had an unexpected day off yesterday because of the snow we got so I did some laundry, baked some bread and stamped - all while the snow fell. I could say that the snow is what inspired the gift card holders but that would be false. I just really like this stamp set called Cold and Cuddly (Holiday Mini)!

   This is the inside. I saw the idea to use the Word Window punch for the actual gift card over at Stampin' Addicts. I thought it was so clever!  (Excuse the yellow gift card. It totally doesn't match but I didn't have a choice.)

  How did I do it? First I stamped the bear with White Craft ink and then embossed it with white embossing powder and cut it out. The hat, mug, iceberg, and sign are all stamped and cut out separately. It really wasn't that hard. After I adhered those to the card front I added the star.

   To make the star I just punched 2 stars from White cardstock and added a circle punched from the same designer paper and a silver brad. I did use some Tombow Multi purpose glue to hold the 2 stars together. Otherwise they spin and while this could be useful sometime, I just wasn't going for that look right now! lol.

All supplies are Stampin' Up!
  • Cold and Cuddly (Holiday Mini) and Christmas Punch (Hostess) stamp sets
  • Real Red, Soft Suede and White cardstock
  • Christmas Cocoa specialty paper (Holiday Mini)
  • Real Red and Soft Suede inks and markers
  • White Craft ink
  • White Embossing powder
  • Word Window, Large Star, 1/2" circle and Wide Oval punches
  • Silver Brad and Sponge
  • Real Red polka dot ribbon - reverse side
  • Tombow multi-purpose adhesive
Have a great day and keep on stampin'

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...