Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Remembrance

   It is what we want when we lose a loved one. Those memories are so precious. I know.

   I made today's card for a dear lady who lost her father this week. Usually I agonize over sympathy cards because I want it to be meaningful and of course nothing too cutesy. For this card I turned to the stamp set Herb Expressions - specifically the Rosemary stamp. I thought it would be perfect for a sympathy card. Once I chose my stamp set I needed a card layout so I decided to use this sketch from Stamping 411.
[ssc128.jpg]
It is the kind of sketch I love because it is straightforward with lots of room for creativity! Here is the card I made.

   Details: I used the Final Press Impressions Embossing folder for the background but before running it through the Big Shot I misted it lightly with water. It makes a deeper impression. For the main image I inked up my stamp with Rich Razzleberry ink. Then I took a blender pen and wiped the ink off the words Rosemary and Remembrance. Next I used markers to add color again to the words.  Love those markers! The image was colored in with a blender pen and ink.
  The Ribbon Rose: These are so much fun to make and so easy! First I put down some sticky strip on a piece of white cardstock. Then I just twisted some white taffeta ribbon and wound it in a circle on top of the sticky strip. Once it was the size I wanted I trimmed the cardstock so it can't be seen and added the ribbon leaves. It is the perfect detail for this card.

All supplies are Stampin' Up!
  • Herb Expressions and Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp sets
  • Orchid Opulence, Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive and White cardstock
  • Cottage Wall designer paper
  • Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive and Orchid Opulence ink and markers
  • Word Window and Modern Label punches
  • White Taffeta ribbon
  • Sticky Strip
  • dimensionals
  • Final Press Impressions Embossing Folder and Big Shot
Snow today so the library is closed which means no work today for me! I think I'll do some stamping!

7 comments:

Robin Merriman said...

Your card is beautiful and I know the recipient will appreciate it tremendously.
I especially love the ribbon rose accent - you are right, it is perfect for this card.
Thanks for playing along this week on the 411!

RDH said...

I know exactly what you mean about Sympathy Cards. This set is on it's way to me as I type. I think this stamp is makes a wonderful card. This is perfect. She will love it.
Heather RDH

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

This card is fabulous!! I love the ribbon rose done this way. It's just the right touch. I'm going to have to try this. Thanks for sharing and playing along.

Connie said...

I'm sorry you needed a sympathy card, but this is gorgeous! Love the ribbon detail and Herb Expressions is a perfect choice! Thanks for playing this week!

Patti Chesky said...

I dread making sympathy cards, but they are somthing that is part of life.

This card is beautiful. I especially love the colors you've chosen and that ribbon rose.

Tiffany Bauer said...

Love this card and that ribbon flower is just to die for!!! Thanks for playing along this week!!

I really LOVE your blog header too!!

Selene Kempton said...

First! I love your blog header, super pretty. The card is fantastic, makes me want to buy the set! Beautiful work!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...