Monday, December 7, 2009

Happy Christmas!

Note: card was at an angle when I took photo. 
  I needed another challenge so I headed over to Paper Pal Arts for some inspiration! After looking at their vintage card, I immediately thought of this stamp from the set Home for Christmas. You know me - I love my watercolor paper and markers so that is what I used to color it.

  I loved the rustic, old fashioned look of their card so I tore some vanilla cardstock and sponged it with Close to Cocoa. The image itself is stamped with Black Stazon on watercolor paper and then colored and blended with various markers.

   Finally I used the "Happy" part of a Happy Graduation stamp found in Teeny Tiny Wishes and the "Christmas" part of the saying that comes in the Home for Christmas stamp set. Markers make this such an easy thing to do! Happy Christmas is not something I would normally say but since this is the saying on the card over at PPA I thought I'd try it. It has such an old fashioned ring to it!

   And then there is the ribbon! I couldn't decide what to do with it so I ended up laying some adhesive down on my cardstock and then began folding the ribbon directly on the adhesive. Mini glue dots keep the folds from popping up. I love this card. It is "so me". I hope you enjoy it too!

All supplies are Stampin' Up!
  • Home for Christmas and Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp sets
  • Real Red, Creamy Caramel, Vanilla cardstock and Watercolor paper
  • Black Stazon ink and markers 
  • Real Red Polka dot grosgrain ribbon (reverse side)
  • Sponge
  • Mini glue dots
Have a great week!

3 comments:

....Linda.... said...

This is beautiful - so artistic and a perfect interpreation of the photo - love it!

Jer Christoffersen said...

Wow! I have always loved this stamp set but never have the patience to color in. You did a beautiful job!

Ann Schach said...

This is so beautiful! The coloring is perfect! Thanks for playing @ PPA!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...