Saturday, November 21, 2009

Things I Love birthday

   Well you know it seemed like a good idea at the time. When I purchased this stamp set called, appropriately enough, Things I Love, I thought it would be fun to make David, my husband, a birthday card. I planned my colors - blue is his favorite. I  planned the layout - symmetrical cause that is how he prefers things. And I thought the use of the arrows (from our My Way punch) would be especially clever on my part. lol.

   After I put it all together I stood back and studied it. And then I began to think, "ok does it mean the things I love or the things he loves?" Cause if it means the things he loves - well I don't know. He doesn't love new shoes. He definitely doesn't love shopping! And he likes chocolate but doesn't love it. I decided to stick with the card no matter what it means and give it to him anyway. He looked at it and read the inside and told me how great it was. And then he said he was a little confused at first cause he doesn't love shoes, shopping or chocolate. Ok so I'll give him that since I was confused too! lol.

   Next time I use this stamp set...... it's goin' to my girls cause they love shoes, shopping and chocolate!!



  Inside the card.

All supplies are Stampin' Up! Click here to order from me.
  • Things I Love and On Your Birthday stamp sets
  • Bordering Blue, Chocolate Chip, Real Red and White cardstock
  • Bella Birds dsp (retired)
  • Chocolate Chip stamp pad
  • Chocolate Chip and Bordering Blue markers
  • My Way punch and Full Heart punch
  • Chocolate Chip satin ribbon (retired)
  • Chocolate Chip brads - 5/8" and 5/16"
Have a wonderful weekend! I have the day off - woo hoo!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...