Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Thanksgiving again


But first before I talk about today's card, I just wanted to say thanks to all of the men and women who have served in our country's armed forces. I am truly grateful for the freedom my family has because of people like you. And you know what? A big thank you also to all of the moms, dads, wives, husbands and children of our veterans - for their sacrifice as well.

                           
       Well here is today's love offering. Notice the difference between this card and November 9th's card? The first one contains a butternut squash and this one has an eggplant. I know you were really really wondering about that. lol!


   Details: The background was run through my Big Shot using the texturz plate. But after I did that I didn't think the detail stood out enough so I got out a sponge and brushed Really Rust ink over the Pumpkin Pie cardstock. It added just the depth I was looking for. Not sure you can see it in the photo though.


   I used the faux copic marker technique again. It just makes those colors go POW! Some distressing, speckles (from my color spritzer and marker), sponging and some embellishments completed the card.

All supplies are Stampin' Up! Click here to order from me.

  • Gifts of the Earth (Holiday Mini) and Holiday Best (Hostess) stamp sets
  • Really Rust and Pumpkin Pie cardstock
  • Water color paper
  • Black Stazon ink
  • Markers
  • sponge
  • Color Spritzer tool
  • Wide oval punch
  • Pumpkin pie grosgrain ribbon
  • Pumpkin pie corduroy buttons
  • Big Shot, Lots of Tags sizzlit, Backgrounds Texturz plate
Thanks for stopping by.  Enjoy the day.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Congratulations! I just wanted you to know that your project will appear on the Yahoo Group Late Night Stamper’s blog finds of the day for Nov. 12. Want to receive your own copy of the blog finds of the day? Join us at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/stampinuplnstampers/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...