Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Snowflake Snowman

Before I even begin, let me just say that this card was very difficult to photograph!


  When I saw this stamp, Simple Seasonal Thanks, in the Holiday Mini I immediately thought how cute he would be stamped on designer paper so I tried it. I used the Christmas Cocoa Specialty paper for the background and the various pieces on the snowman.

  Now you may be wondering what I did about the "inside" of the snowman. You know - the part that says Dear_______, etc. Well l just used my Soft Suede marker instead of an ink pad to ink it up. This way I could eliminate the words. And the rest is just stamping, cutting and piecing the scarf and hat. I bent the scarf so it looked like it was blowing.

  Half Pearl buttons completed my snowman. I am really loving this specialty paper. You can't see it really well in the photo but the huge snowflakes in the background are flocked. Very cool indeed.



                       This photo allows you to see how everything was raised up on dimensionals.

All supplies are Stampin' Up! Click here to order from me.

  • Simple Seasonal Thanks (Holiday Mini) and Christmas Punch (hostess) stamp sets
  • Real Red, Soft Suede and White cardstock
  • Christmas Cocoa Specialty designer paper (Holiday Mini)
  • Soft Suede, Basic Black and Real Red markers
  • Half Pearls
  • Real Red Polka Dot grosgrain ribbon (reversed side)
  • Wide Oval punch
  • sponge and Soft Suede ink
  • Dimensionals

Hope you enjoyed this card. I had a blast making it.

3 comments:

Pals Paper Arts said...

Thank you for playing @ PPA!

Come play in our next challenge on Thursday, November 19.

Hope to see you there!

Kelly said...

Congratulations! I just wanted you to know that your project will appear on the Yahoo Group Late Night Stamper’s blog finds of the day for Nov. 19. Want to receive your own copy of the blog finds of the day? Join us at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/stampinuplnstampers/

Ann Schach said...

This is adorable! Very creative! Thanks for playing @ PPA!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...