Saturday, November 7, 2009

Labor Pains


   Don't mind me - I will be having labor pains all day. Ha Ha. Not really of course - just something I say on every one of my daughters' birthdays! Today is Bethany's birthday and in honor of that I made her a card with lots of Red cause she loves Red! And because she loves Red Roses, the choices were easy!


   The sketch was a Mojo Monday sketch that I had never attempted. I thought the sketch would be good for the card I had in mind. To start it off I used our NIght and Day designer paper for the background. Oh man I hope Stampin' Up! keeps this paper, or something similar, around cause I really like using black and white!

   The image is from 5th Avenue Floral stamp set. I embossed it on watercolor paper using white craft ink and white embossing powder. Then I water colored it with Real Red and Bravo Burgundy with a little bit of gray shading around the edges.  I added some Real Red Polka Dot grosgrain ribbon and silver brads and a little "Happy Birthday" on the side. It needed a little something so I put a small Flower brad beneath the saying.

 But the best part of this card?


The "secret" message tucked under the rose!

She really is God's gift to me - all of my daughters are - and I feel very blessed to have them in my life.

Ok before I get even more sappy and sentimental here are the supplies. lol
All supplies are Stampin' Up! Click here to order from me.

  • Fifth Avenue Floral, Teeny Tiny Wishes, Three Little Words and God's Blessings (retired)
  • Real Red cardstock and water color paper
  • Night and Day designer paper (Holiday Mini)
  • Real Red and Basic Black, Basic Gray ink, White Craft ink
  • Real Red, Bravo Burgundy reinkers
  • Aqua painter
  • White embossing powder
  • Real Red Polka Dot Ribbon
  • Silver Brads
  • Flower Designer Brad
  • dimensionals

Hope you have a wonderful weekend and don't forget to make time to stamp!

1 comment:

chaun said...

Can you tell me how you did the slide-out secret message, so it doesn't fall out? Measurements or something? Thanks! I LOVE this card! I also love that rose stamp and floral set. I had to have it too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...