Thursday, November 19, 2009

Do It Yourself Ribbon Rose

   Stampin' Up! has done it again! I love this company! Last month's issue of Stampin' Success contained a tutorial on how to make ribbon roses with our ribbon and Sticky Strip. So clever, so easy, and sooo beautiful! This is the card I made with my Ribbon Rose.

 To make the rose:
  • On a piece of cardstock - mine was about 2 x 2 - lay down Sticky Strip so the strips are touching each other.
  • Peel off the red outer layer
  • Lay down your ribbon twisting tightly and rotating as you go. Make it into a circle or oval.
  • You should have a tight coil of twisted ribbon stuck to the sticky strip
  • Cut around the ribbon so all you see is the "rose". That's it.
I added the leaves with more Sticky Strip.

For the card itself I fell back on one of my favorite color combinations. I haven't used it in a while and oh how I missed it. lol. I used the embossing folder  Elegant Bouquet, for the background. I then stamped the Thyme image from Herb Expressions using Mellow Moss ink and colored it with an aquapainter and Mellow Moss ink. No markers this time! The flowers were colored the same way only using Pale and Perfect Plum ink. You can see by the photo, I also stamped, colored and cut out the flowers again and popped them up with teeny tiny pieces of dimensional.

I really liked the rounded corners of my "Wreath on a Barn Door" card (see post Nov. 16) so I did it again to this card.
Close up of my Ribbon Rose.

All supplies are Stampin' Up! Click here to order from me.
  • Herb Expressions stamp set
  • Mellow Moss, Pale Plum, Perfect Plum, White cardstock
  • Mellow Moss, Pale Plum, Perfect Plum ink
  • Mellow Moss Taffeta ribbon
  • Sticky Strip
  • Aquapainter
  • Dimensionals
  • Corner Rounder Punch
Enjoy!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...