What does that have to do with this card? Nothing, that's what. Well almost nothing. This card is, after all, a sunset!
I did not come up with this idea on my own. Variations of this card have been floating around out there on the 'net for a while now - ever since Stampin' Up! came out with the silhouette stamps last year. This card uses the Inspired by Nature stamp set. See - just put the word nature in the title and I will buy it! lol.
To make this card you must have glossy white cardstock.
- First I dug out my brayer, blew the dust off, inked it up with Summer Sun and rolled it over and over the glossy white cardstock until the cardstock was sufficiently covered with ink.
- I punched a 1 3/4" circle out of a piece of sticky note and placed it on my cardstock where I wanted the sun to be. This was my mask.
- I sponged Melon Mambo beginning at the top, right over the sticky note mask and gradually sponged less as I moved toward the center of the cardstock.
- I repeated the aforementioned step only started at the bottom. This is because I wanted it to look like the water was reflecting the sky.
- I sponged Dusty Durango in the middle beginning where the Melon Mambo began to fade. Again I did this to top and bottom.
- When it looked enough like a sunset to satisfy me I let it dry (a few minutes) and removed the mask. Voila, a sun.
Now for the stamped image.
- I inked up the stamp with Versamark and stamped the weeds/grasses. Note that I stamped right over the sun.
- Sprinkled with Black Embossing Powder, poured off excess and heated till done.
- Used the Word Window punch and punched 3 catty-nine-tails out of black cardstock. These I attached to pieces of the embossed weed/grass. Note: I copied that idea from other demonstrators. Very clever idea I might add.
- Adhered some 5/8" Black grosgrain ribbon across the bottom and added a Basic Jumbo black grommet. These, by the way, were this past week's Deal of the Week. For this weeks Deal, wait till 12:00 noon and then click on my Deal of the Week box on the left side of my blog.
This is a close up.
All supplies are Stampin' Up! Click here to order from ME!
- Stamps: Inspired by Nature
- Cardstock and Ink: Summer Sun, Basic Black and Glossy White cardstock
- Melon Mambo, Dusty Durango, Summer Sun and Versamark ink
- Accessories: Black Embossing Powder and Heat Gun
- 5/8" Black Grosgrain Ribbon
- Black Basic Jumbo Grommet
I know this card sounds complicated, but it really isn't. And people love to receive this kind of card cause they can't figure out how it was done! lol! This particular card went to my mother-in-law.
Have a great week - hope you make time to stamp! And don't forget to check back for the Deal of the Week.