Saturday, October 31, 2009

Dare to be Fabulous

   I recently sent this card even though I had made it a while ago and had it sitting in my "Cards to be Sent" box. I know the stamp set, Dare to be Fabulous is retired but I wanted to post it for the technique I used.

   Let me give the non-technique details first. It is a square card - 51/4" x 5 1/4". The first layer is 1/2 Perfect Plum cardstock and half Pale Plum cardstock that  were stamped with their corresponding ink and sponged with Perfect Plum ink. I used my coluzzle (now retired) for the circles. The Circle Scissors Plus could be used too. Corners were punched with the Photo Corner punch and pierced, then sponged. The flowers were stamped and cut out, sponged, and rhinestone brads added to the centers.

   Now for the technique. It is called resist. To do this, stamp the image with versamark or craft ink. I stamped on vanilla cardstock believe it or not.  Once the image is stamped, it needs to be heat embossed. In this case I embossed it with white embossing powder. Now comes the fun part. Sponge ink directly over the embossed image and on the cardstock. That is what turned the white cardstock a nice plum color. Finally, use a paper towel and rub over the embossed image removing any excess color and the image will emerge. And that's it!

   I really felt that the flower's center needed something so I added a flower designer brad. I think it balanced the layout of the card.


This is a close up of the flowers and embossing.

All supplies are Stampin' Up! Click here to order from me.

  • Dare to be Fabulous stamp set
  • Mellow Moss, Perfect Plum, Pale Plum and Vanilla cardstock
  • Perfect Plum ink and sponge
  • Photo corner punch
  • Paper piercer
  • Ice Round brads
  • Flower designer brad
  • Vanilla 5/8" grosgrain ribbon
  • Coluzzle
  • White craft pad and White Embossing Powder and heat gun
Thanks for looking. Have a great weekend.


2 comments:

Kelly said...

Congratulations! I just wanted you to know that your project will appear on the Yahoo Group Late Night Stamper’s blog finds of the day for Nov. 1st. Want to receive your own copy of the blog finds of the day? Join us at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/stampinuplnstampers/

Rhonda Langley said...

Beautiful! I love your blog by the way-adding you to my favorites!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...